The Marketing Manager reports directly to the Chief
Development Officer and works with members of the national network
of Reach Out and Read to contribute to, and implement, marketing
and communications strategies and the creation of collateral in an
effort to raise the awareness of the Reach Out and Read brand. The
Marketing Manager will seek to enhance awareness of the Reach Out
and Read brand in an effort to drive revenue and to bring as many
stakeholders who can support Reach Out and Read's mission and
values to ultimately serve the medical providers, children and
families we serve.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for:
1. Marketing and Communications Strategy Implementation
- Contribute to and execute a strategic marketing plan for
external communications with stakeholder groups including, but
not limited to: Board of Directors, staff, executive
leadership, national corporations, donors, prospective donors,
health care providers, political influencers, and families served
by Reach Out and Read.
- Develop new and innovative methods to reach new audiences, and
cultivate and grow existing relationships to deepen their
impact on our mission.
- Continue to refine and streamline Reach Out and Read's
messaging and materials.
- Work closely with national staff, network leaders and their
respective challenges, feedback and more to align marketing
efforts with Reach Out and Read's current branding.
- Lead cause-related marketing events with corporate
- Align campaigns to other leading national initiatives to
leverage a broad audience oflike-minded stakeholders.
- Create a national media kit and template for network-wide
2. Media Relations
- Develop and grow strong relationships with members of the media
in all areas, including web, newspaper, blog, medical
- Investigate new opportunities for outreach and positive
- Draft and place press releases, bylines, and statements where
applicable and on a regular basis.
- Propose, draft and edit timely commentaries and op-eds for
Chief Executive Officer, Board Members, and other key
stakeholders within the network.
- Support network media relations.
- Coordinate all aspects of the national website, and seek to
generate original content weekly.
- Provide all members of our network with samples for doing the
same on their websites.
- Drive traffic to Reach Out and Read's national website through
SEO, PPC, Social Media, and other advertising and
- Track website activity and metrics using Google Analytics,
social media analytics, and Key Performance Indicators. Report
on these once a month on National Fundraising Call and
report to Chief Development Officer and Chief
Executive Officer as requested. Use these indicators to
improve and drive website traffic and revenue.
- Look for other revenue driving platforms, i.e. Virtual Book
Drive and stewardship platforms.
- Create innovative collateral and execute concepts across a
variety of media (video production, webinar presentations,
digital, print, events/meetings, etc).
- Provide quarterly evaluations to key stakeholders, including
the Chief Development Officer, Chief Executive Officer,
Executive Leadership Team and Senior Regional Leadership
- Refine Reach Out and Read's current marketing and
communications collateral to enhance the Reach Out and Read
5. Social Media
- Manage Reach Out and Read social communities to grow the size
and increase engagement.
- Create original digital content to be shared via social
- Monitor social media sites and measure results via analytics.
Use these analytics as a tool to increase and enhance social
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
▪ Outstanding written and oral communication skills
▪ Proven generator of creative ideas
▪ Strong website management skills; understanding of Google
Analytics, Google AdWords and similar platforms to measure and
report on marketing insights and results
▪ Understanding of the current marketplace to forecast future
trends and challenges
▪ Robust experience working with digital media and platforms,
including key social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram,
Twitter, and Linked In. Successful track record executing social
▪ Proficiency in MailChimp, Microsoft Office and Adobe
▪ Graphic design skills
▪ Strong story-telling ability, a sense of humor and
▪ Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced-environment and
▪ Proven ability to work collaboratively across departments
and to work with vendors and consultants effectively
▪ Flexibility and success in rapidly changing
▪ A polished, professional demeanor and presentation at all
▪ Strong commitment to Reach Out and Read's mission
▪ B.S. or B.A. required
▪ A minimum of 6+ years marketing/communications
Please email your resume and a cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 15th. If
your application is selected, please be prepared to submit